NEED VOLUNTEER HOURS?
BECOME A STUDENT VOLUNTEER!!
Know the game of basketball?
Want to give back to youth between the ages of 5-10?
Are you a good leader?
Need Volunteers hours?
Apply to be a Development Volunteer!
As development volunteer you:
Will assist the Instructor with FUNdimental training for young athletes.
Will be assisting in ensuring participants learn the basic fundamentals of basketball.
Will follow Instructors lead & reinforce Instructors directions to the participants.
Will organize and direct
individual and small group activities/exercises as directed by the Instructor.
• Collect payment from Tournament Spectators
• Have players & coaches sign-in
• Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
• Maintain accurate cash handling procedures at all times.
• Provide great customer service.
• Interact with customers and clients in a pleasant and professional manner.
• Basic math ability to accurately count and handle money
• Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
• Positive attitude and neat appearance.
An individual in this position should be in good health and be at least fourteen years old. They should be familiar with the rules and have a general idea of the game of basketball.
The Basketball Scorekeeper and Timer will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Arriving half an hour before the first scheduled game to familiarize themselves with the score board controller.
2. Have Coach or team manages to fill rosters in the scorebook during or before game warm up
3. Documenting any accident or incident that may occur during the game.
4. Cleaning up any trash in the scorekeeper/timer area before leaving the gym.
5. Keeping up with the possession arrow throughout the game.
6. Reporting the scores of the games and making sure that officials sign the result sheets.
7. Signing and submitting a time sheet Director.
8. Keeping time for timeouts and letting the officials know when the time has expired.