JOIN OUR TEAM!!!
Position Description – TEAM MANAGER
Position title; Team manager
Responsible to: The executive committee
Objective: The team managers are bound by the Gators community sport’ code of conduct. Provide a recreational and motivational service to members.
✓ Preserve our history of the Markham Gators Basketball Club.
✓ To provide a safe and fun basketball environment for kids, parents, officials, parents and spectators alike to enjoy playing in a fun and enthusiastic environment built on every member receiving an equal and fair opportunity to participate in the sport of basketball.
✓ Parents/Honorary members who volunteer their valuable time to positively support children within our club in a coaching role, will receive assistance in training to ensure that the skill and art of basketball is made possible for our children and to provide a ‘have a go’ philosophy.
✓ The property and income of the Club shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Club – subject to the rules of the Association.
✓ To liaise with other organizations (government, non-government, private or public) to further benefit the purpose of the Club.
✓ To ensure all aspects of the Clubs activities and its members strive for the continuation of the Club goals and philosophy.
✓ Codes of Conduct
Position Description- UNIFORM/EQUIPMENT OFFICER
Position title: Uniform officer
Responsible to: The uniform officer is accountable to the president and club members.
Objective: The uniform officer is to provide new and existing members with uniforms. The uniform officer also keeps stock and a distribution record of equipment.
✓ Be responsible for purchasing and storing adequate numbers of uniforms, to ensure the image of the club is respectable.
✓ Obtain from TEAM MANAGER a list of teams and names with their respective numbers to ensure no two team members are purchasing the same uniform number.
✓ Liaise with New Players
✓ Liaise with Parents
Position Description – FUNDRASINING | SPONSORSHIP
The Sponsorship & Fundraising Officer is primarily responsible for all revenue generation for the club.
• Form a sponsorship and fundraising sub-committee (if necessary).
• Set fundraising goals for the club.
• Develop a fundraising program / strategy for the club.
• Develop and implement a sponsorship servicing program that provides value for the club’s sponsors.
• Identify all available sponsorship opportunities.
• Prepare submissions and all supporting material and ensure all materials required for fundraising are ordered and available.
• Arrange all necessary permits, registrations and approvals for fundraising activities as required.
• Present proposals to interested parties.
• Organise fundraising activities and functions for the club. With Special Event Coordinator
• Supervise the collection of all monies raised and arrange payment to the Treasurer.
• At the end of each function or activity, reconcile all funds raised with Treasurer.
• Maintain appropriate fundraising records as required by the Treasurer.
• Ensure that all commitments are provided according to the terms of the respective sponsorship agreements.
• Maintain accurate records of all sponsorship, fundraising and donations received.
Position Description – EVENT PLANNER
A Special Events/ Meeting Coordinator assists in the coordination and execution of events including meetings, tournaments, and fundraising events, . They may work in a variety of situations, including athletic corporations, banquet and resort facilities, and non-profit organizations.
performing event administrative duties
developing, coordinating and implementing event plans
implementing risk management
implementing marketing plans
implementing on-site events
coordinating staff and volunteers
GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Join one of our committees; assist with our event planning and/or fundraising committees!
Assist club at special events/tournaments/fundraising events!